Run over everything.
Presenting the Smashpot - a fork coil spring conversion system for single crown enduro forks, featuring externally adjustable hydraulic anti-bottoming technology to deliver precisely the amount of bottoming resistance you need. The benefits of coil are clear: if your first priority for your fork is outright performance and grip, get yourself a Smashpot.Features:
• Allows lighter riders to get the most use out of their forks, and heavier riders the support they need without excessive air pressures
• Only coil conversion system on the market allowing 180mm travel
• Easily adjust your travel with internal spacers (please note the minimum & maximum travel of your fork as determined by manufacturer)
• Unique Hydraulic Bottom-out System reduces harshness
• Can be transferred between different forks with minimal parts /cost (a purchase of a new top cap or foot stud)
• Reliable and low maintenance, set and forget. User installable and serviceable
•Weight increase of approximately 250-450g (dependent on spring rate and fork's existing spring system)
SMOOTH & CONSISTENT
Air springs have improved substantially over the years - and we've been at the forefront of air spring development for years, so we've got no bridges to sell you. Yeah, coils are heavier than air, and for some riders that alone is a dealbreaker - fair enough. The advantages of coil springs, however, are clear:
Zero stiction or friction in a coil spring. And no moving seals in the spring system to wear out, cause friction or leak.
Zero spring rate variation allowing more mid-stroke support and consistency.
More oil in the fork - lubrication and service life are improved.
In short, improvements in sensitivity, grip, compliance, mid-stroke support and consistency, with reductions in harshness and hand pain.
BOTTOM OUT RESISTANCE
Externally Adjustable Hydraulics
Low weight aside, air springs outperform coil springs in one critical area: bottoming resistance. The hydraulic bottoming control valve addresses this with a speed sensitive shimmed valve which engages progressively and seamlessly in the last 50mm of travel, bringing the fork to a smooth and controlled stop at the end of the travel. High energy and low energy inputs are effectively managed without harshness. Easy tool-free external adjustment ensures you get as much or as little bottoming resistance as you need at the turn of a dial. Increased stability as energy is dissipated, rather than stored and thrown back at you.